Friday 22 July 2011

Jirds arrive tomorrow :D

Just a quick blog entry before I go to pick the jirds up tomorrow! Yay!

The Megazorb arrived today in a HUGE bag! Luckily I've found a space at the top of a cupboard that hasn't been used yet so it can go in there once it's been squashed into a vacuum bag. It's actually much better than the carefresh stuff because it's finer, so will be better for the jirds to burrow in.

I was pleased it arrived as it meant I could put some in the jirds' travel box. I've taken the top bit off their house, put a bit of bedding inside, added a couple of toilet roll tubes, and some food for the journey!


The eagle eyed among you might spot the mealworms in the food pot - I'm wondering how long they will take to scoff them! I've got quite a collection of different foodstuffs for them now. Here is a picture of the jird feast!


Dad says we shouldn't give them too many sunflower seeds because it will make them fat! Treat food only. I suppose it's like chocolate to them!

I can't wait to see them tomorrow! I worked out earlier they are about 6-7 weeks old, so about the size of a gerbil now. I will upload pics as soon as I get home.

Finally for today, a video that made me smile from Perserblog. It's of their new baby jirds just exploring the outside world. Very big cute factor! I love the bit where they all climb over the log one after the other!


Come back tomorrow for the first pictures of the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment